Thursday, March 4, 2010

Is that one of the 12 steps?

I have decided to embrace the fact that Mason has not attached himself to any particular object for bedtime other than....my hair. There have been several failed attempts to replace the twirling and pulling of my hair with a "lovey" at bedtime. I even put to good use my new sewing machine and made him a lovey specifically for this purpose. But it never fails, as soon as he's in my arms for naptime or bedtime his perfect little hand slaps the side of my neck like a magnet and begins the hair fondling, intertwining his tiny fingers in my locks. The little patch of hair at the nape of my neck seems to be his favorite spot and at times I've been afraid that this patch will become bald from all the pulling and twirling. However, so far the only result has been scraggly messy hair trailing from my carefully pulled back ponytail. Doesn't the coined phrase go "we must embrance that which we cannot change"? or is that one of the 12 steps? Maybe I've been watching too much Celebrity Rehab...Nonetheless I thought this would be appropriate to blog about since the baby book asks me to list "things he's attached himself to" in which case I would have to descibe this hair attachment. Maybe I've got it all wrong and he's just jealous of the fact that I have hair and he doesn't. Whatever the case may be I'm now looking on this habit as endearing and adorable. So if next time you see me and I have a bald spot just behind my right ear at the nape of my neck...you'll know why.

No comments:

Post a Comment